Management of the Academy
According to the Law and Bylaw, the governing bodies of ANUBiH are the Assembly, Presidency and Executive Committee. ANUBiH Assembly consists of full and corresponding members, and of honorary members who are citizens of BIH. The ANUBiH Electoral Assembly consists of full and corresponding members of ANUBiH.
Members of the Presidency are elected by the Assembly by secret ballot.
The ANUBiH Presidency has 16 members: President, two Vice-Presidents, Secretary-General, department secretaries and one representative of each department.
The Executive Committee is the operational and executive body of the Presidency, and consists of President, two Vice-Presidents and Secretary-General of ANUBiH.
At the Electoral Assembly meeting held in June 20, 2017 the following persons were elected to the Presidency (mandates period of three years): Miloš Trifković – President, Lidija Lincender-Cvijetić and Adila Pašalić-Kreso – Vice Presidents, Zijo Pašić – Secretary General, Esad Duraković – Secretary of the Department of Humanities, Enver Mandžić – Secretary of the Department of Technical Sciences, Muhidin Hamamdžić – Secretary of the Department of Medical Sciences, Taib Šarić – Secretary of the Department of Natural Sciences and Mathematics (passed away on the 15th of June 2019), Ivan Cvitković – Secretary of the Department of Social Sciences, Abdulah Sidran – Secretary of the Department of Arts, and representatives of departments: Vladimir Premec (Department of Humanities) (passed away on the 23rd of March 2018), Branislava Peruničić (Department of Technical Sciences), Husref Tahirović (Department of Medical Sciences), Mirjana Vuković (Department of Natural Sciences and Mathematics), Miodrag Simović (Department of Social Sciences), Ivan Štraus (Department of Arts) (passed away on the 24th of August 2018).
Pursuant to their election to the posts of President, Vice-Presidents and Secretary-General, for the same term of office the Executive Committee of the Academy consists of:
Academician Miloš Trifković, President
Academician Lidija Lincender-Cvijetić, Vice President
Academician Adila Pašalić-Kreso, Vice President
Academician Zijo Pašić, Secretary General
While Bosnia and Herzegovina was a part of SFR Yugoslavia, the Academy of Sciences and Arts of Bosnia and Herzegovina exercised international cooperation through the Academy Council of Yugoslavia, based on protocols which the Council concluded with other national academies.
After the proclamation of Bosnia and Herzegovina as an independent state (in 1992), the Academy of Sciences and Arts of Bosnia and Herzegovina became the national academy. So far the Academy has renewed or established cooperation with a number of foreign academies and international institutions, including:
- Austrian Academy of Sciences
- Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
- Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts
- Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- Macedonian Academy of Sciences and Arts
- Montenegrin Academy of Sciences and Arts
- Russian Academy of Sciences
- Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts
- Turkish Academy of Sciences
- Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)
- European Federation of National Academies of Sciences and Humanities (ALLEA)
- Euro Mediterranean Academic Network (GID-EMAN)
- Global Network of Science Academies (IAP)
- Inter -University Center (IUC) Dubrovnik
- Inter-Academy Council of Southeast Europe (IAC SEE)
- International Science Council (ISC)
- International Union of Academies (IUA)